- Go to http://edu.glogster.com/
- Click on 'Register' at the top of the page
- Click on the glogster tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- On this spreadsheet at the top click on 'login', you will be required to put your username and password in again.
- The spreadsheet should reappear, you are now ready to add your students. Enter in a nickname, first name and last name (or last initial), grade, gender and password. (I recommend using welcome 1, welcome 2 etc... for the passwords because they are easy to remember). Leave the last two fields blank. When you are finished click "IMPORT" and wait.
- A URL will appear in the 'first login field'. This is important because this is where the students will go to login their first time.
- Print the list.
Before you create a glog you are going to search through other glogs to see what other teachers/students have created. This will give you some insight as to what can be done. It is a good idea to look in your subject area. Click here http://edu.glogster.com/categories/
CREATE A GLOG
1. Click on Create a Glog on your dashboard.
2. Use the black tool box to create you Glogster. The tools are as follows
- Graphics: like 'clip art' allows you to add pre-loaded graphics (some are animated)
- Text: Text needs to be added like a graphic, it is a separate box for each block of text. Text can be plain or it can be in a design element
- Image: images differ from graphics because they are images you load into the glog (from the internet or a camera)
- Video: glogster allows you to search school tube for videos, you can also embed youtube into glogster through this button.
- Sound: record sound for your glog.
- Data: add documents (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE FREE VERSION)
- Draw: draw elements (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE FREE VERSION)
- Wall: change the background color or design.
Visit the "Tutorials" page for more types of tutorials created by other people.